Sunday, September 19, 2010

First week of class

The first week of my third semester is OVER. I'm taking 4 classes this semester. I wanted to take 5, but oh well...I guess there's a reason for it. I'm also busy with other stuff, and there will always be other stuff to fill time :p

 The main project this semester is finding a thesis topic and starting to work on it. I'd like to find a topic that's somehow related to something I want to do. HOWEVER, I've realized that I really don't know WHAT I want to do - so it's kind of hard to find a research topic! I know I want to stay in Taiwan and work with people on the international stage, but that's about it - not really sure HOW I'm going to do that...

This summer has been very eye-opening, in that I've learned more about what I don't know than what I do know~ I just hope God's using this to make me more reliant on Him, and that I'm learning something through all this.

One classmate has started to work on organizing a GMBA student organization similar to a normal business - teaching the team different business skills along the way...so hopefully I'll be able to learn some business skills along the way :) I'll be helping with the IT part of the "organization" - I hope I can learn what I need to...

I guess the main thing I've been learning this summer is humility...I realized that I don't know as much as I thought I did, and so I feel rather unprepared for what's next. However, the difference is that usually, I can break tasks down into manageable pieces. So far, I don't even know where to start. That's where the grace of God comes in...

No comments:

Post a Comment