Friday, October 15, 2010

Another Update

School is now in full swing. Although I'm only taking 4 classes, I'm super busy - I'm part of our class's student council, starting to work on my thesis, and talking a lot with special friends. I'm doing a Bible Study on Wednesday nights, which has been a HUGE blessing - we're going through Hebrews, and it's been so cool to see different things connect in ways I've never seen before. AND I'm teaching 10 hours/week, which has been good, because I'm now focused on saving up for my plane ticket home next summer. Another major project this semester is a business plan competition. Right now, my team is still in the idea process. We've got less than a month to find the idea and put a proposal together! However, there are a lot of possibilities

Last weekend, I went to Penghu to visit a friend. It was so good to get out of Hsinchu, relax, and talk and connect. Penghu is so different from Hsinchu...it's a lot smaller, slower, and has a more relaxed lifestyle. An awesome place for a vacation - NOT a good place to live.

The main thing I've been learning (again) is the need for patience - for God, for myself, and for others. I've been learning that I need to let God control me, and to not let me control me. I've learned about repentance and forgiveness, and how God always does things better than we could imagine...

No comments:

Post a Comment