Saturday, April 3, 2010

He Is Risen

Let me say it again…HE IS RISEN! Those three little words separate Christianity from all other religions and belief systems this world has ever known. We aren’t following a system, a list of rules invented by some guy who lived in a time long ago and at a place far away. We’re following a Person, who is alive and well today, who sits at the right hand of God Almighty, the absolute master of the universe.
We don’t do good things in order to get saved, we do good thing because we are saved, and we want to show our love to the One who saved us.
That, in a nutshell, is what life is all about. The single, solitary goal and purpose of life on earth is to bring honor and glory to Jesus Christ. Granted, I mess up every single day, but I pray that I never lose sight of the goal, and become distracted by other, temporary things.
Why would the King of Kings leave His throne, become a slave, allow himself to be killed by other slaves, for the sole purpose of saving those same other slaves from themselves?
I don’t understand it, but I’m thankful for it every day!
He is risen, indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment