Thursday, April 15, 2010

Life…God…Trusting vs. Control

This is going to be one of those random posts that combine a lot of different things because I’m too busy (lazy?) to post more often. The good news: I finally found an internship – I need it as part of my MBA program, and wasn’t finding ANYTHING – talking to everyone I know, but nobody with any links to opportunities for students.

On Tuesday night, I had class with Professor Tang, the head of the GMBA program. He asked if everyone had found internships. All but 6 people had – (me being one of the 6). Needless to say, I was feeling rather bummed. Walking home after class that night, I was praying, and I realized that I had been worrying….I knew that God was the one who would provide the internship, but I was thinking about how I needed to do my part…I prayed “Ok, God. I’m done. I don’t know what else to do, who else to talk to. I don’t know what I’ll do if I can’t find an internship, but there’s nothing more I can do. I had an appointment the next morning with a lady at ITRI (a government scientific research institute here in Hsinchu). This appointment had been canceled twice already, and I was thinking that I was just being put off indefinitely. When I got there, however, I was offered an internship doing patent research, and a possibly the chance to work with a company implementing a new product. We’ll see…

So…ya….I’ve had that lesson before, but I’m always realizing just how slow I actually LEARN! Can’t blame the Israelites too much…I’m the same way!

In other news…School is starting to get a bit overwhelming. Another fun part of this whole ITRI thing is that I’ll be working 2 days a week, starting in May. Sooo….I have even less time than I did before! I can’t wait until the semester is over! I just need to get through 2 ½ more months, and then I don’t have to think about it for 2 months!

I have NO idea how people make it through life without God! It’s tough enough, and I’ve got a Friend, a Brother, and a Dad who help me get through every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment