Friday, March 5, 2010

Back to Work…

Wow…the winter break is over, and I’m well into the next semester! After the first two weeks, I think it’s safe to say that it’s going to be a VERY busy semester. I have 6 classes, plus Chinese. Unfortunately, Chinese is a non-credit class, meaning that if something must be squeezed out, Chinese practice is the first thing to get dropped. On the other hand, I have a lot of friends who are eager to help, but I need to find the time to practice.

I have 5 classes, each with it's own small group! I’m not sure exactly how this is going to work out, but it’ll have to! Thankfully, I don’t have class on Friday, and only one class on Thursday morning. Unfortunately, that means I have 3 classes on Monday and 3 on Tuesday.

Last weekend, I went to Taipei with some new friends – foreign exchange students who are new this semester – 3 from France and 1 from Germany.

We met up with Amanda, a girl I had met before when I was working with King Car, and went to the Taipei Botanical Gardens, Sun Yat Sen Memorial, and the night market (I don’t remember which one) It was cool to be the “experienced” person – the one who was telling other people to eat 臭豆腐 (stinky tofu) and 珍珠奶茶 (pearl milk tea)

I’m still on the hunt for an internship, and someone mentioned an idea of looking for companies in the States that work in Taiwan. I sent out a few emails yesterday – hopefully something will come of that.

I finally got a license, though only for a super light motorcycle (50cc). It will only be useful for buzzing around Hsinchu, but it definitely beats walking! (and right now, that’s enough) I’ll get a different license (and a bigger moped) later, but I’m fine for now.

Other than that, not a whole ton happening…just projects, work, study, and more of the same.

Here are a few pictures from our Taipei trip last weekend, thanks to Emil.

No comments:

Post a Comment