Sunday, April 24, 2011

Ups and Downs

God definitely puts us through things, and in places that we don't want to be, and all we can do is ask Him to teach us whatever it is He has in mind.

First of all, I finished the rough draft of my thesis, which is a huge deal. I just pray that I don't have to change too much when it comes to revising and editing once professors start looking at it critically. SO...I kind of took it easy on Friday and Saturday - did a little research for a possible business idea, but nothing too much.

Today, however, was a day I don't want to repeat. Ever. I never thought I would go to a funeral on Easter. I especially never thought that I would go to a funeral for a two year-old. Even though her family is Christian, and are confident that they will see her again, it's still just so painful that a girl so young should be taken from her family. The only thing left to do is to give God all of the grief, all of the questions, and all of the pain.

This brings up the question that humans have asked over and over, and for which we have never quite found a completely satisfactory answer. How can a good and loving God allow pain and sorrow to His children. While good things do come out it, and although He DOES sustain His children, it's just so darn HARD.

Here's a thought: If God the Father didn't save Himself from incredible sorrow, and His Son from incredible pain, should we, as His children, expect any different?

No comments:

Post a Comment